Friday, January 23, 2009

Jan 23


Running a little late with this one, due a glitch in the village wireless. (Note Vermont, how the community has solved the problem of the rural area, and the large systems not being very co-operative!)

The picture is the same view, out the south facing portion of the 5 metre wide bay window in the bedroom) that I posted yesterday. This gives a glimpse of the difference a dawn makes.

Yesterday I established ties with another resident of the village that speaks absolutely fluent English (along with Swiss and French) and committed to being part of the team that looks after her horses for a few days. She is a story teller, and had me and herself in stitches.

It was peeing it down with rain for the entire morning, rivers in the recently cut ditches as I walked up the 3km hill to the farm, so after a quick lunch I headed into Castel to go to the Soldes. In France the sales are held twice a year and no sales are allowed at other times. This has been changes with some special offers being allowed, and but this is when the merchants mark down stock, so I horrified myself by clothes in cetimetres!

Fresh pasta here is dirt cheap...why is is expensive in the US, and so is creme fraiche...so supper last night was by no means slimming...but delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment