Anyone out there?
Been a while...but perhaps that's to the good.
What have I done? It doesn’t seem much.
Fly to England, stay at two houses (thanks Jenn (and Allan and Tom & Edward) and Tony (and Barbara & Jack); attended a big birthday party (congratulations Ursula on reaching 82 and surviving 13 visitors on the day) and done more clothes shopping in a 6 hour period than I do in a year (thanks to Jenn again!)
But yesterday, my first full day back I indulged in a full morning in bed…rotating between reading an action thriller, reading my emails, and working on business ideas. Why is it that no idea seems like a good one in this economy?
Then in the afternoon, after a laundry (which due to the cheap electricity rates needs to be started after noon and done before 4) I got to walk 5 kilometers or so along the Canal du Midi. When I have been here before people have mentioned it, but on this visit the vastness of the project has sunk in. Some brilliant Frenchman named Riquet came up with the idea to make it possible to move cargo from the north to the south of France without having to go around Spain and Portugal) and implemented it…in 1681 building it all in 14 years. It’s astounding! This lovely flat, winding path that lures you on…and you can walk back on the other side seeing a different view!
Course, I forgot the camera! So today’s pictures are:
1) The overdue one of the chateau…note the patch of blue sky…today was stunning!)
2) The lavoir. This is the local Laundromat, circa 1864. We’ve come a long way baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment