Two glorious days in a row, and even more forecast, I am delighted.
So today, I got the basics of laundry, business planning and grocery shopping out of the way early and was taken on a tour of two lakes. Perhaps this is the point to divulge that Roland is a devoted carp fisherman, so his view of the area is naturally tilted to areas that might have fish. No complaints…just an explanation of why my outdoor exercise is guided this way. And today I saw a lake that looks more like the Mediterranean. Not in size…but color. This is the water supply for most of the cities around here…and the shot does not do justice to the color which was almost blue. There was a brisk wind, and I was perched on the edges of rocks to take this. Feeling quite safe I pointed the camera and focused…and that is when I realized just how much one’s eyes keep one balanced. Looking through the view finder was an adventure. Think I managed to keep the wobble out of the photograph though!
The shot of the pollarded tree is my attempt to capture the some of the textures of the land. The colors are so different from Vermont (most of the time, let alone the contrast between the two places right now!) having more yellow in them. Also as the area is a big grain area, all the land that is plowable is valuable, so there is much more grown on the hillsides than Vermont does now, resulting in curves of crops. Best guess is that this crop is spinach.
As soon as the sun goes down at 19:00, the temperature drops…from 15 to 2C! So the wood stove is a good friend. It even has embers in it if I wake early…but I don’t keep it going when it promises to be warm or if I want to go out. Talking of going out, I should be venturing into Toulouse, and go to museums etc…but this weather is making even me want to garden!

No comments:
Post a Comment