Golly, I must have been doing something very interesting...it's been three days since I updated this!
In truth, to my delight, life is just getting away with me. Oh yes, and my friend Debbie has arrived. We've know each other since I was 12, and she endured teenage years with me. Now she has teenagers, and for the first time in years we are meeting without constant interruptions from children. Both of us were nervous about the possibility of finding out we had about 2 hours of stuff in common, but we are finding that is not the case! Wine, food and walking...we have continued talking. It is amazing how different we are, and yet how compatible we are too. She drinks only white wine, I drink mostly red: so we settled on fizzy white!
Debbie arrived 1.5 hours late...on Friday. The day had been unexpectedly glorious: lunch out on the patio in a long sleeved shirt, but by the time we pulled into Labecede from Carcassone airport at 6pm it was clearly snowing, and by 9pm there were 2 inches on the ground. New visitors always get the blame for the weather shifts...Debby has certainly made an her visit memorable!
Today started grim, although most of the snow was gone, and the tendency for both of us was to hunker down near the fire. That was the default plan until I remembered out that we could certainly do that on Sunday when nothing else was open. So off we charged, to get to Revel market, the Canal du Midi basin in Castel and then to St Felix (the centre of the pastel industry) in a rush!
Tonight was soup and wine (or wine and soup if one goes by volume!) and so by rights I shouldn't be typing this...but I think I am safe. It takes time for most of the US contingent to get to it...so I can correct egregious errors tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment